Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Beef Addiction - Red Rock

Restaurant Review by M. N.

I would like to introduce Red Rock ( レッドロック ), a shop I recommend. The restaurant is famous for its big roast beef bowl. I waited in line about 1 hour even though it was afternoon. There were more young women than men at the restaurant.

Red Rock is located in several places, including Kobe, Osaka, Kyoto and Harajuku. I went to the Harajuku location on a day when my friends and I were out shopping. It takes around fifteen minutes to get to Red Rock from Harajuku Station. Before entering the restaurant, you have to order at a vending machine. There are English names for the items, so people who cannot understand Japanese do not need to worry when they order.

I ordered a Roast Beef Don (¥880) which is the most popular meal in this restaurant. Red Rock serves its Roast Beef rare, but it was not bloody. You can add special yogurt sauce if you like.

On the other hand, one of my friends ate Steak Don (¥950)which is the second most popular item.
Roast Beef Don (¥880)
Steak Don (¥950)
According to comments on the internet, this restaurant is crowded with people everyday. I think the only problem is the wait time. If you have a chance to go there, you should avoid  lunchtime. Unfortunately, you cannot make a reservation there, and the restaurant has only 48 seats in spite of its popularity. However, in my opinion, these meals are worth waiting for.

Red Rock ( レッドロック 原宿店)
Address: 3-25-12 Fuji-building B1F, Jingumae, Shibuya, Tokyo
Phone: 03-6721-1729
Hours: 11:30 a.m to 10:00 p.m
URL: http://www.redrock-kobebeef.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment